Consumer Protection Laws are fairly recent pieces of legislation, protecting consumers against exploitation in unfair transactions.
The main two Acts protecting consumers’ rights are:
- The National Credit Act 34 of 2005; and
- The Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008;
For Businesses, we provide the following services:
- Review of Contract Terms and Conditions, to ensure compliance with the Consumer Protection Act and/or the National Credit Act;
- Advice on and drafting of responses to the relevant Ombud or Consumer Commission;
- Transactional Policies and Procedures;
- General Consumer Protection Advice and Guidance.
For Consumers, we provide the following services:
- Advice on your Rights and Remedies as a Consumer in terms of the Consumer Protection Act and the National Credit Act; and
- Lodging of Disputes with the relevant Ombud or Consumer Commission.